MAGFAST LLC  is a direct-to-consumer electronics company. We design and manufacture a family of premium charging products that snap together magnetically, charge wirelessly, and support any smartphone, any tablet, any reader from any brand … old, new or in the future. Individually awesome, they're brilliant together. MAGFAST is one of the world's first systems of premium chargers designed to work individually, or together, by connecting to each other through unique 'snap-to-charge' technology. It really is the last charging family you'll ever need.
Every one of our seven individual MAGFAST products is designed to compete as best in class, and to fulfill a specific need. To date, the vast majority of our customers have however pre-ordered our 'Pro Kit' bundle of six chargers, available together at a truly attractive price.
MAGFAST is changing charging for good.
- MAGFAST’s chargers and power banks are revolutionary, because they snap together magically, and charge as soon as they touch. No wires. No mess. No missing cables. They just work.
- Earlier this year, we launched Lux — a premium charging cable with a host of unique features and built to such high standards it comes with a Lifetime Warranty. The launch took place on Indiegogo, the well-known crowdfunding platform, and was so successful that sales exceeded $900,000 in the first month.
- Our last share offering, which opened in November 2021, sold out, raising the maximum $5 million permitted under Reg CF.
- The global market for chargers and portable power banks is worth over $20 billion, and growing fast . Yet, somehow, there are no great charging brands!
- MAGFAST has the marketing and product-design potential to become a dominant force in consumer electronics: one of the first and only companies to develop a world-beating system approach to charging.
- We are now shipping! Many thousands of customers have received their products ... and feedback tells us they’re truly delighted.
This story begins in a home, perhaps like yours, that always seems in need of a touch more organization.
Seymour Segnit invented MAGFAST to solve a real problem: those messy, often missing and frequently broken cables that end up all over the floor or in a drawer or back pocket somewhere … but which floor, which drawer, which pocket?
Mobile devices have become smarter and faster, and chargers have become more powerful. But the premise of charging is largely unchanged: clunky, throwaway boxes that rely on wires which, almost inevitably, break or get lost.
And then there's the opportunity cost of living without 'everywhere charging'. Have you ever missed that all-important call or run out of juice when shooting a video of your kids or watching a favorite movie? In today's world, keeping your mobile devices charged is no longer a nice-to-have. Staying in touch for work, handling emergencies smoothly, being there for your loved ones when they need you - these are the promises of today's communications.
We knew it was time for something better.
- Designed to be best in class for each charger, power bank and cable individually
- A truly integrated family of wireless chargers and power banks
- Engineered to work consistently, reliably, every time, for years to come
- Designed in every detail to be elegant as well as functional
MAGFAST Pro Kit is our bundle of six chargers, and by far the most popular choice of our pre-order customers. It can't absolutely guarantee you will never miss another important call, but with MAGFAST you’ll always have the mobile power you need, for work, for play, and in an emergency.
The MAGFAST family is designed for durability, to take the real knocks of real life and to last for years to come. Pro Kit will charge your older devices from the past decade and the new devices coming up for the next decade.
The problem with traditional power banks has always been that they’re so inconvenient to get power in and to get power out! Every MAGFAST product has multiple ways of getting power IN, and multiple ways of getting power OUT.
Thanks to our micro-magnet based patent-pending system every device features MAGFAST Snap-to-Charge. So Wall can instantly charge Road, and Road can charge Life, and Life can charge Air and …
And because the MAGFAST Pro Kit has a powerful charger for every part of your life, it’s the perfect mobile communications power kit. For example, Extreme can charge multiple devices simultaneously, multiple times, and can jump-start up to two dozen cars. Road is both a battery pack and an emergency flashlight.
With MAGFAST in your home, your car, your office and your backpack, you're all set.
Individually, each product is designed to be best in class. As a family, nothing else comes close.
In official business-speak, our business model is DTC: direct to consumer.
We find our customers directly - through online advertising and a long-form presentation that explains the product range - and then nurture everyone who chooses to become part of the family.
Now that pre-order shipments are underway, we expect ongoing DTC sales to be supplemented by Amazon as our initial channel partner.
Through superior customer care, regular communication, integrated snap-to-charge products and the announcement of new products and new markets, we believe excellent growth is possible, with strong levels of repeat business and a lifetime value per customer perhaps 2-3X the initial order value.
The MAGFAST family of chargers and power banks takes advantage of the very latest Qi wireless technology to offer a unique system of charging solutions. However, our homes and workplaces are still full of older devices that don’t incorporate wireless charging … and we try to keep them powered with cheap, nasty cables that constantly fail.
And so MAGFAST developed Lux! A super quality, super elegant, super strong charging cable, with a gorgeous, soft and silky feel, it's a world away from the poor quality, unreliable charging cables you’ve been using for years. It’s so well made, it comes with a Lifetime Warranty … which is why we say it’s the only charging cable you’ll ever buy.
It’s available in two formats: USB-C to USB-C (USB-C is now standard on most modern devices) and USB-C to Lightning for all Apple fans — and comes with an array of features below which make Lux cables genuinely unique, like a custom USB-A adapter, gold-plated tips and Fingerprint® anti-counterfeit technology.
We believe that, with Lux, we’ve built the finest device-charging cables that money can buy.
The charger market is big. Very big.
While analysts don’t all agree on quite how big, they do agree that the market is huge and growing fast. For example, in a report published by IMARC Group, the global battery charger market reached a value of US$ 21.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach US$ 34.1 billion by 2026. The wireless charger segment alone is estimated to have breakneck annual growth of up to 25% .
And, unlike most mature consumer markets, there are really no great charger brands.
Competitors include Belkin, Anker, Aukey, Mophie, RAVPower, Duracell, iClever, EasyAcc, Samsung, Xiaomi, Monoprice. Lesser-known (in the U.S. and elsewhere) brands include Aibocn, Boscov, Bestek, Yoobao, iMuto, Maxxima, Moshi, Native Union, Nimble . The market is highly fragmented, with no large companies primarily dedicated to charging, and several smaller companies jockeying to differentiate themselves based on minor feature differences (improved build quality, marginally larger batteries, slightly faster charging times, etc).
To our knowledge, no other charger company yet offers an integrated system of products that all work seamlessly together, or any equivalent to snap-to-charge. MAGFAST’s product range and business model are designed to be considerably more ‘sticky’ than competitive chargers and power banks.
We expect repeat orders and a strong lifetime customer value for these reasons:
- Products that work together as a system provide an excellent incentive to buy additional units in the same family of devices.
- MAGFAST is one of the first companies in the space to adopt the ‘direct-to-consumer’ (DTC) model comprehensively. This gives us the advantage of a much closer relationship with prospects and customers: we currently communicate on a weekly and monthly basis about progress, special offers and new opportunities.
Now we are shipping products from our range, we are able to take a major slice of this substantial and highly lucrative market. This is particularly true as those products are receiving positive feedback from customers and journalists. However, we need to expand our ability to both manufacture and ship additional products within our range, as rapidly as possible, and this is the primary reason why this share offering is important. We believe an improved cash position will arm us with negotiating power to cut the cost of goods, speed development and engineering, and to invest in inventory – major direct impacts on our competitive positioning and market share.
The company has made major progress in the following areas:
- Product Development: many thousands of pre-order customers have now received products and we continue to ramp shipping as rapidly as we can.
- Marketing: our customer acquisition model, as evidenced by over $15M in pre-orders, is comprehensively proven
- Operations: our systems are being built to scale
- Customer care: response times are consistently well above industry norms
- Intellectual property: the founder has developed a robust portfolio of patents and trademarks
Design, development, engineering and manufacturing are handled by a highly experienced team led by our chief operating officer, responsible for more than 30 products over the past 25 years.
Our manufacturing partner is P3 International, a US-based manufacturer in New York with partners in Asia. Completing product engineering for the product family has taken much longer than expected, impacted in part by our lack of negotiating power and the effects of COVID-19. Production status  is regularly updated at www.MAGFAST.com/status.
It’s a core competency for MAGFAST. A small team is led by the company’s CEO, a gifted online marketing expert, and a CMO with over 25 years of building consumer and B2B brands. MAGFAST marketing is currently 100% online, primarily in the form of targeted ads on Facebook and YouTube. A sophisticated marketing funnel, built over five years by an in-house team in collaboration with experienced external agencies, is monitored and refined constantly.
New online ads are made and released regularly and tested in different market segments; each month’s learning is fed into new creative, constantly refining format, benefits and content. Ad respondents typically attend a webinar offering pre-order pricing. Show interest by registering for an online event or other promotional activity and you become part of the MAGFAST marketing eco-system. A program of customer relationship marketing kicks in to provide information and guidance to purchase.
MAGFAST’s direct-to-consumer model affords us a much closer relationship to prospects and customers than traditional consumer electronics manufacturers using conventional wholesale and retail outlets as their path to market.
The company has been based since inception on a virtual workforce, with team members working remotely in the U.S. and other countries, and a comprehensive suite of online technologies designed to scale. MAGFAST.com has been built to handle high traffic volumes reliably and fast.
At MAGFAST, we think a little differently. We hired Sanja, a former lawyer, for customer care because at her interview she aced the question ‘What’s customer care all about?’ with the one word answer: ‘Serotonin’. Keeping our customers happy is the whole game, which is why 9/10 are sticking with us on this long development journey. Today she runs the department, which boasts response times around twice the industry average.
MAGFAST is laser focused on customer care as a key part of building long-term relationships with a large and growing group of supporters. We've devoted a big slice of our time to figuring out how to keep customers happy without draining cash: our team has developed “Intelligent Customer Support” that allows us to keep a big-hearted personal touch while drastically cutting the time it takes to answer every support ticket. Our customer care team is also geographically distributed around the globe to enable near round-the-clock support.
The growing portfolio of patents and trademarks relating to the MAGFAST product range is used by the company under exclusive, royalty-free license from the inventor, Seymour Segnit. According to the terms of the license agreement, title to the licensed materials is automatically assigned to the new controlling entity in the event of a change of control.
We project significant growth both through repeat orders from existing customers and the development of new markets. Current and future initiatives include:
- A seven-day follow-up campaign shortly after initial inquiry recalls features and benefits for prospects who did not purchase.
- Ongoing communications allow MAGFAST to build its relationship with customers, cover product and production updates, and make special offers.
- The ongoing release of brand-new products featuring snap-to-charge.
- The release of international variants to address markets in the EU, UK, Asia and beyond.
- A revolutionary, breakthrough initiative in the travel market.
The MAGFAST Family
Lux reinvents the charging cable. Super premium, and with a gorgeous, silky feel, it even comes with a Lifetime Warranty … which is why we believe it’s the best device charging cable money can buy.
- Available in two formats — USB-C to USB-C (the new modern standard) and USB-C to Apple Lightning
- A beautifully designed custom USB-A adapter tip included FREE — so they’ll work perfectly with all new AND old outlets everywhere
- Tested to destruction — Lux cables are certified to 25,000 bends
- Not just strong but super strong — capable of supporting a load of over 150lb
- All the speed you’ll need — download an HD movie in about 30 seconds
- Patent-pending, gold-flash gold-plated tips for the ultimate connection
- Our Fingerprint® anti-counterfeit technology to ensure the authenticity of your product
Life is your palm-sized powerhouse
- The perfect everyday charger, it packs two to four full smartphone charges
- High-performance charging, wired or wireless
- Perfect with all your devices — any phone, any tablet, any reader … from any brand, old or new
- Truly versatile – five ways to get power out, four ways to get power in
Extreme is a super-charger in a league of its own
- Enough power to keep your devices going for days
- A power bank with three Qi Wireless charging zones
- Six ways to get power out, four ways to get power in
- Powerful with all your devices, it’s also powerful with all your vehicles …
- …add the available Jumpers™ and it will jump-start your car!
Road is the star in your car
- Power a road trip for up to six people - an industry pioneer
- 3 USB-C plus 3 USB-A outlets
- Charge Road from the 12V car socket or snap on any other MAGFAST charger
- Our built-in mini-cable
- Plus that gorgeous, super-bright flashlight!
Air is your simple, gorgeous Qi Wireless charging stand
- Qi-certified to work perfectly with every modern smartphone
- Snaps instantly on to any other MAGFAST charger for power ...
- ... or just plug in a USB-C or micro-USB cable
- The innovative stand stores magnetically on the back …
- … and snaps sturdily onto the base when you need it
Powerful and versatile, it’s the perfect home-charging ‘base station’
Our upgrade to one of the world’s most popular charger designs  now offers MAGFAST snap-to-charge magnetic charging top and bottom.
- Retain your home power outlets plus take advantage of wired and Qi Wireless charging
- Snap-to-charge any MAGFAST power bank right on top or underneath
- Modern USB-C, Apple’s Lightning and the older Micro-USB connector tips – all stored neatly in the back
- Two ‘FastCharge’ USB-A outlets
- Upgrades available to either double or quadruple the available power with USB-C to power laptops and other power-hungry devices.
MAGFAST Time™ (for Apple® Watch™)
It’s the best way to charge the world’s most popular watch — Apple Watch
- A full power bank with all the core features
- Fast USB-C, built-in mini-cable, four ways to get power in
- A neat, servo-motorized watch charging platform
- Up to two weeks power for your Apple Watch
Seymour is MAGFAST’s founder, chief product architect and passionate CEO. Now a leading authority on internet marketing, Seymour builds the customer experience and drives down risk to deliver 'The best work of my life'.
He studied engineering at Oxford University, and his long career has included stints at Ogilvy & Mather and Saatchi & Saatchi, presenting his own show at London’s biggest radio station and co-founder of a venture-backed Silicon Valley startup. He served in the same capacity at thingCHARGER Inc, another USB charger company, from Dec 2013 to Aug 2016.
Seymour has served with MAGFAST LLC since its inception, and is a controlling member of manager - Mischievous LLC.
Amy has been Seymour’s partner, in both business and life, for over a decade, lending her unique creative abilities to everything from branding to social media campaigns to product packaging.
Her strong creative work helps MAGFAST stand out from the crowd. Among earlier clients, Amy counts corporations like Barnes & Noble College Bookstore and Businessweek, plus many of the world’s leading ad agencies including Jack Morton Worldwide, Young & Rubicam and TBWA/Chiat Day. Amy served as co-founder and creative director at thingCHARGER Inc, another USB charger company, from Dec 2013 to Aug 2016.
Amy has served with MAGFAST LLC since its inception, and is a controlling member of manager - Mischievous LLC.
Rich is a highly driven serial entrepreneur, two-time founder, and a veteran executive of eight venture-funded startups, where his roles were VP of Engineering & Operations, COO and CEO. Among these startups, Vignette achieved an $18 billion market cap and Evernote grew to over 100 million customers.
As a senior executive, Rich has been personally responsible for over 30 products ranging across software (enterprise, mobile desktop and embedded), hardware (silicon, board, module, and box), and complete systems. His core strength is in aggressive and predictable company execution in the areas of people, products, and financial management. M.S.E.E. (Georgia Tech).
Rex leads MAGFAST’s investment strategy and advises on customer development. He has helped launch and run more startups than most of us will meet in 20 lifetimes. After graduating from Oxford, his first software company attracted clients like Body Shop, Honda, Lloyds of London and Shell. In Silicon Valley, he was CEO of Bizfinity, a ground-breaking online financial platform.
Rex has been managing member of Merexa LLC, an online publishing company, since Jul 2005, and served as executive director of the Cleantech Open from Jan 2009 to Dec 2014. The Cleantech Open is the world’s largest accelerator for clean-technology startups. M.A. (University of Oxford).
Neil oversees MAGFAST's marketing function. He has a 20-year background in some of the world's largest communications agencies (Publicis, WPP, Havas) as a strategist, advising some of the world's largest brands, and has also held a number of high profile client-side marketing directorships. He co-founded a specialist financial communications agency, which was acquired by Publicis in 1996. He remained with the parent agency for eight years as the lead strategist on a number of its most substantial global accounts, such as Fidelity Investments, Sony Ericsson and Renault.
Neil has strong experience of delivering branding, acquisition and retention communications across all channels (online and offline), and in both consumer and B2B markets, coupled with notable success in building digital transformation activity which recognises the non-linearity of the modern day customer journey. An abiding interest in the relationship between strategy and communications equips him well in helping businesses optimise marketing integration in line with strategic goals.
Michael specializes in digital strategy, media buying and direct sales. He has nine years’ experience running over 100 million dollars of marketing spend across multiple industries and markets.
Born and raised in Germany, Damian moved to the US in the eighties. Under Damian’s leadership for over 30 years, P3 International became synonymous with highly innovative, solution-oriented consumer-electronics products. P3’s outstanding team is coordinating the manufacturing process of the entire MAGFAST line with its long-term partners and factories in Taiwan and China. Damian's own words: “MAGFAST is the most innovative family of products we've seen in 30 years.”
Shawn is the brains behind tooling and manufacturing the MAGFAST product range. He's a key reason why we're so confident we can deliver gorgeous, advanced, reliable products. Shawn trained as an electrical engineer more years ago than he cares to admit, and he's been directing the manufacturing of precision consumer-electronics products at scale for over 25 years.
Anita has been business coach, advisor and analyst to small and medium-sized companies for over 20 years. She is an expert in general business practices, performance analytics, pricing strategy, business modeling and collaboration with legal, tax and labor compliance entities. Anita has extensive experience in accounting systems, internal auditing support, and data integration in global business environments.
Afroz turns marketing magic into technical wizardry. He ensures our email marketing and our website are as reliable as they are alluring. He’s spent the last 15 years developing skills as a business consultant, marketing technologist and programmer, consulting with some of the biggest companies and personalities in the world, ranging from thingCHARGER, Tony Robbins and JJ Virgin, all the way to the gargantuan China Railway Corporation.
Eric is the engineering talent behind our website and shopping cart - he's the reason the experience is so smooth and seamless. He has been galvanizing digital startups since 2005, in various capacities (employee, consultant, adviser, mentor) with stints at Speedilicious, Sundial Time Systems, Access Communications and Cascade Software Consulting.
Jimy (pronounced ‘Jimmy’, in spite of all appearances) keeps our servers up, and our downtime down. In our world, that’s crucial. He’s an expert in Linux, AWS Cloud and Windows administration, and he’s worked for small companies and big ones like RevenueMed, XMinds Infotech and Vanilla Networks, providing data center management, remote server admin and Linux/Windows and Hardware LAN management.
Kate is a remarkable addition to the MAGFAST family and works in customer support (and helps with whatever else is needed).
She lives in Texas and, since graduating from Texas A&M University in 2015, this is the second startup that she’s worked with. Kate loves the startup culture and is excited to be working with the great team at MAGFAST.
For over two decades Lauren has been managing IT teams, leveraging the knowledge and creativity of colleagues to generate solutions. She is involved in all aspects of the project life cycle and brings much experience coordinating and motivating internal staff in support of timeline, budget and project deliverables.
Mayleen is our steady hand on the numbers. She has been in the accounting field for over 25 years and is a long-standing member of the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers. Mayleen’s long experience in both professional and manufacturing bookkeeping mean she’s the perfect person to handle the complexities of manufacturing accounting.
Peter is MAGFAST’s general counsel. He knows the team and the MAGFAST products, and we're overjoyed to have him on our team and ‘on our side’. He has been described as a “lawyer who really understands marketing” and “a marketer who happens to be a lawyer.” As a lawyer, advisor, counselor, friend and devil’s advocate, he aims to integrate himself into his clients’ inner circles and provide caring yet dynamic contributions to their lives and businesses.
Sanja is a beloved member and head of MAGFAST’s customer support team.
In addition to providing personal assistance via email and live chat, Sanja manages our payment plan program and complex data-driven projects. Sanja’s law degree and nine years of working expertise in the legal system allow her to provide valuable new perspectives to MAGFAST’s development. An entrepreneur at heart with a passion for startups, Sanja's enthusiasm and effervescence have made her a perfect match for MAGFAST’s vision.
Steve protects the founders' intellectual property. He's worked with MAGFAST since Seymour first dreamed up the product range. He founded the law office of Stephen W. Barns (formerly Miller & Barns) and specializes, among other things, in consumer electronics. He has worked as a patent examiner in full-service patent law firms – he’s the perfect person to help us ringfence our innovative crown jewels.
Jeff Moore is a business strategist, serial entrepreneur, and angel investor. He helps business owners who are stuck to transform themselves and their companies.
He built a financial software development company to serve clients like Barclays, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, and UBS. In addition to large-scale software development, Jeff helps these organizations with business strategy, sales process, and client experience.
Jeff has served on the New York Board of Entrepreneur’s Organization and is certified Gazelles, Outhinker and Book Yourself Solid coach.
- MAGFAST® and the MAGFAST® logo are registered trademarks of Mischievous LLC and are used under license. Apple, Lightning and MFi are trademarks of Apple, Inc. and are used by license under Made for Apple/MFi program. Qi is a trademark of the Wireless Power Consortium and is used under license.
- The latest report by IMARC Group, titled 'Battery Charger Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020 - 2026', finds that the global battery charger market reached a value of US $21.7 billion in 2020 and is anticipated to reach US $34.1 billion by 2026. According to MarketsandMarkets Research, the market for wireless chargers is expected to grow even more rapidly and is expected to reach $13.4 billion by 2026, rising at a compound annual rate of 24.6%.
- This is a cross sample of competitors from our own observations and represented in market research published by third parties. Competitors vary by region.
- At this early manufacturing stage, our full family of products may be represented in our materials by production and pre-production units, along with hand-made prototypes, animations and CAD 3D renderings.
- Amy and Seymour Segnit were previously the owners of thingCHARGER, Inc. which shipped over 1⁄4 million units of thingCHARGERs based on that company’s records, before thingCHARGER, Inc. ran out of funds. MAGFAST Wall is an updated version of thingCHARGER. Rights to key thingCHARGER assets were purchased by Amy and Seymour when they started MAGFAST.
- If you choose to make your investment using a credit card, Netcapital will charge you a card processing fee that’s typically slightly more than 3%. Netcapital can answer your questions about this fee.
- MAGFAST is a Limited Liability Company (LLC). LLCs have considerable flexibility in the language used to define their ownership and governance. Instead of 'members' and 'units', MAGFAST has chosen to use terminology that we believe is more readily understood: for example, managing members may be referenced in our materials as MAGFAST’s board of directors, and members as stockholders.
Information for Investors
Investor Video Presentation
This is our video announcement about this offering, which includes the latest information about shipping status, and segments with a short overview of our strategic thinking, our business model, competition, intellectual property protection, average order value, systems, marketing, manufacturing, customer care, future opportunities, and setting up an account at Netcapital.
Here’s a transcript of the presentation.
For those of you who prefer a PDF over video or this web page, here’s our current packet. And here’s a packet with answers to frequently asked questions.
Use of Proceeds
If the offering's maximum amount of $3,350,006 is raised:
|Use||Value||% of Proceeds|
|Manufacturing & Materials & Fulfillment||$1,535,850||45.8%|
|Sales, General & Administrative||$1,235,000||36.9%|
|Research & Development||$265,006||7.9%|
This is an offering of Common Units, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in MAGFAST LLC. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by January 17, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. MAGFAST may issue additional securities to raise up to $3,350,006, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
These financial statements have been audited by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
Understand the Risks
- Nov 24, 2022The countdown clock is running. MAGFAST's fall...
The countdown clock is running. MAGFAST’s fall 2022 offering opens in just a few minutes at 9am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern today.
This will be the last chance to invest before some major initiatives next year, and the only time we’re offering the Limited Edition Persian Red Lux cable as a bonus to everyone who invests over $500.https://netcapital.com/companies/magfast
- Nov 23, 2022
- Nov 22, 2022Seymour has landed at JFK and is right now...
Seymour has landed at JFK and is right now dashing back to our secret HQ to prepare for this afternoon’s LIVE Q&A.
Countless thousands of folks have been looking over the opportunity to invest. Join us live today at 4pm Eastern/1pm Pacific for answers to your top questions. More details on the MAGFAST Investor Concierge Page: http://magfast.com/investhttp://magfast.com/invest
- Nov 22, 2022Join us **this Thursday, Thanksgiving Day...
Join us this Thursday, Thanksgiving Day 2022, for a special date.
MAGFAST will open on Thanksgiving Day for investments at 9am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern. Previous offerings have sold out. This is the last opportunity invest in the company before a major new launch on March 30th next year and before we start our marketing strategy to scale with Lux, the gorgeous, silky, tough new teflon-infused charging cable that introduces the MAGFAST-family lineup.
Whether you’re new to MAGFAST or you’re one of thousands who have already invested, you’re invited to join us on this journey. Find out more in this short video from MAGFAST’s CEO on the road in Austin, take the time to review our investor packet, and look out for more details in the coming days.https://www.magfast.com/investorpacket.pdfinvestorpacket.pdf
- Nov 17, 2022Primary offering of $15.17units at
- Nov 17, 2022
- Nov 17, 2022
- Nov 8, 2022
- Jul 12, 2022A quick reminder that our big Summer 2020 event...
A quick reminder that our big Summer 2020 event is next week - Thursday July 21st at 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern.
LET THERE BE LUX is a must-see event for you and all MAGFAST investors because having announcedLUX (our important new premium fast-charging cable) back in April, we’re already ready to launch.
Please join us - over 7,500 folks are already registered to attend - as we think you’ll be excited both by what you see and hear - and by a new way that everyone in our MAGFAST community can participate in and amplify the launch.
This is an important moment for your company and we’d love you to be there:Register NowLTBL Let There Be Lux Logo on White.png
- May 3, 2022Primary offering finalized, sellingunitsSold $15.17 for a total of $220,465.61units at
- May 3, 2022We're down to the last few hours, and MAGFAST's...
We’re down to the last few hours, and MAGFAST’s offering looks increasingly likely to sell out tonight. This is your last chance to invest at this price.
We’re honoring ALL the perks today. Click for more details and your chance to invest: just three hours to go, and less than 1% of the offering still available.LAST CHANCE to invest in this offering
- May 2, 2022MAGFAST has now raised over $4.9M. Less than 2%...
MAGFAST has now raised over $4.9M. Less than 2% of the offering now remain! Just a few hours left to make an investment if you’re enthused by this exciting startup that’s changing charging for good.MAGFAST - last 2% available for investment tonight
- Apr 30, 2022Primary offering finalized, sellingunitsSold $15.17 for a total of $4,995,587.19units at
- Apr 29, 2022Just a few hours from now we'll be streaming...
Just a few hours from now we’ll be streaming live and I hope you’ll join us to celebrate a remarkable week. MAGFAST’s offering closes this afternoon - now over $4.5M invested.
You could be one of 10 attendees to whom we gift 10,000 MAGFAST Club Rewards Points live during the stream.
So join us, please, this afternoon - Friday 29th April - at 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern:Join Us Live Today
- Dec 2, 2021This is it! The final hour to invest in...
This is it!
The final hour to invest in MAGFAST.
We’re streaming our ‘Closing Ceremony LIVE’ right now at https://Live.MAGFAST.com
Come meet our team, some customers and early users PLUS investors sharing why they decided to jump in and invest in MAGFAST.
Whether or not MAGFAST is right for you as an investment, please come help us celebrate, right now …Join the Final Hour as MAGFAST Streams LIVE
- Dec 2, 2021We just went LIVE with our 'Closing Ceremony'...
We just went LIVE with our ‘Closing Ceremony’ Livestream.
Please join us as we celebrate this amazing raise together.
CEO Seymour Segnit and Co-Host Kate Kinard will be joined by members of the team, investors and special guests around the country.
We’re even giving away six of our premium ‘Hello Kits’ - a $447 value each - six chances to win just for showing up and checking in.
It’s all happening at https://Live.MAGFAST.com non-stop from now until 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern.
Whether or not you decided to invest in this round, please come help us celebrate and see where we land in the final moments!Join us LIVE now
- Dec 2, 2021Today is the final day to **invest in...
Today is the final day to invest in MAGFAST.
It’s likely the Netcapital servers will be busy in the final hours, so please jump in now if you’d like to invest in this round.
And whether or not you will - please join us from 1-4 Pacific = 4-7 Eastern this afternoon as we celebrate the final hours of this extraordinary $3million+ raise.
You’ll hear from our team, users AND from folks who invested last year (and a tough year it has been) so you can see whether they feel good about their decision!
We’ll send you a note as we’re starting - but the whole thing will be at https://live.MAGFAST.com
- Nov 30, 2021Just TWO days remain to invest in...
Just TWO days remain to invest in MAGFAST.
This Giving Tuesday we’re excited to announce that thanks to the thousands of investors who’ve brought us to our interim goal of $3million…
Today MAGFAST is donating a further 30,000 Trees
… though our partners at Trees for the Future. That will bring us to > 533,000 trees – an astonishing total.
AND NOW we’re pledging 10,000 trees for every further $100k we raise in this round.
If you’ve already invested, thank you for making this possible.
And if you’ve not yet invested… please join us and help change charging for good.
- Nov 29, 2021Today we're announcing that we're now...
Today we’re announcing that we’re now commissioning Limited Edition manufacturing runs of both our Life and Extreme charger models.
And a special set of all three together… in a Limited Edition MAGFAST Hello Kit.
Invest $5k+ in total by Thursday 7pm and receive a Limited Edition MAGFAST Hello Kit, consisting of Numbered, Limited Editions of each of Life, Extreme & Air.
Invest $3k+ and receive a Limited Edition MAGFAST Extreme, $2k+ a Limited Edition MAGFAST Life and $1k+ for a Limited Edition MAGFAST Air.
(These apply to your total investments in this round when we close).
- Nov 27, 2021I hope you're having a relaxing weekend. I...
I hope you’re having a relaxing weekend.
I must admit to having taken just a few hours off for family and turkey and feeling extremely glad I did!
No big updates today. Thanks to thousands of regular folks our investment offering has now raised $2.75 million. It is open for just another 5 days… until Thursday Dec 2nd at 7pm EST
Today I just wanted to remind you that:
Kate and I will be live-streaming the final hours online on Thursday and would love you to join us please.
“Invest in MAGFAST - Closing Ceremony LIVE” streams at 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern this Thursday Dec 2nd at https://Live.MAGFAST.comAdd MAGFAST Closing Ceremony to Google Calendar
- Nov 10, 2021Primary offering of $15.17units at
- Nov 10, 2021Primary offering of $15.17units at
- Dec 17, 2020Primary offering finalized, sellingunitsSold $10 for a total of $1,051,450units at
- Nov 25, 2020Primary offering of $10units at
Frequently Asked Questions
This is our third Reg CF offering. We've learned from our previous offerings that many people have similar questions about MAGFAST and how to invest. This Q&A video (originally shown on Tuesday, November 16, 2021) covers many of the questions asked by investors, and there are answers to additional frequently asked questions below.
Questions about investing in MAGFAST
Yes. The limits on how much we can raise in a Regulation Crowdfunding (Reg-CF) round are set by the Federal Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). In this round we are offering a maximum of 220,831 shares.
We can't of course know what the demand will be like. Many people were unable to get into our last investment round, so it is possible that there will be strong demand this time. We do recommend only investing if this is right for you - investing in an early stage company like ours is risky.
If this offering sells out, the Netcapital site will automatically stop taking further investments. However, if you see a message indicating that there's no more room, you do have the choice to join the waitlist. That could be a good idea - it's possible that there will be some additional room should other investors be unable to fund their investment in time, and Netcapital may also be able to inform you of future offerings from MAGFAST.
Yes, by SEC regulation we aren't able to cover specific offering details in our video. But we're able to do so within the Netcapital portal. You'll see our price per share at the top of the 'Pitch' tab: $15.17, and our valuation for this offering at $37,199,555.
Netcapital requires a minimum investment of $100 for U.S. investors (actually, a few cents less than $100 in our case because the share price is not a round number) and $300 for international investors (or slightly less than $300).
There is no fixed maximum investment in MAGFAST. There are, however, some constraints: First, we're aiming to make this offering available to the maximum number of people - there is a chance that, once again, not everyone will be able to make it into this round. So we ask that, on the first day after the offering opens (November 24th at 12pm EST), you limit your investment to no more than $5,000. Yes, if there's still room, you will be able to come back after the 24th and make additional investments. Second, the SEC has rules, based on what you can afford, about how much you can invest. You will see questions (to which your answers are fully confidential) which will help the platform calculate the maximum sum you can invest under government rules.
Yes. We ask that you invest no more than $5,000 on the first day, November 24th, because the SEC sets a strict limit to the amount we can raise and we would like to have room for the maximum number of people who would like to invest. If there is still room after November 24th, you will be able to come back in and make as many additional investments as you like, until or unless the round fills up. There is no additional cost for making multiple investments: Netcapital does not charge any fee to you as an investor, other than the 3% credit-card processing fee.
This offering is available from November 24th for one week. The official closing date is January 17th, and it is possible that Netcapital will offer shares to people from the waitlist, if available, after November 24th and before January 17th.
The information is all here at Netcapital. If you're looking for a quick overview, we offer a downloadable Investor Packet at www.magfast.com/investorpacket.pdf which provides key information about the company, financials, patents, business model and future plans in a straightforward, digestible format.
Questions from international investors
According to legal advice, yes, absolutely: "Can Non-U.S. Investors Participate in U.S. Crowdfunding Offerings? Yes. No matter where he or she lives, anyone can invest in a U.S. Crowdfunding offering". For more information, take a look here.
It's not truly possible for us to know the exchange rate offered or any fees charged for a foreign transaction by your bank (if you send payment via wire transfer) or credit card processor.
We're delighted to welcome international investors, as long as your country allows you to make investments in a U.S. equity-crowdfunding offering. If you have questions about setting up your Canadian Social Insurance Number or other non-U.S. version of a social security number, please specify that you are not in the U.S. If you need further help, please contact Netcapital.
Questions about paying for my investment
Please be aware that it can take some days for the Netcapital Wallet to be funded. You might instead like to invest by setting up your bank account or using a credit card. If you choose to invest by credit card, it might be a good idea to phone your card issuer to let them know in advance. We understand from Netcapital that Wallet funds can always be refunded.
We understand from Netcapital that, while Plaid (which is the interface they use to allow a link to bank accounts for investment) is connected with thousands of banks and credit unions, there are some smaller institutions that are not supported. You could ask your credit union if they have a means of connecting with Plaid - although that's not likely to happen in time. The alternatives are of course to invest using a credit card or wire transfer.
Netcapital does not charge investors a fee for making an investment, which means that:
- There is typically no fee for making your investment through a bank transfer (available only from U.S. banks and credit unions supported by Netcapital's interface)
- There is, however, a ~3% fee for payment via credit card. Card processors charge a fee for use of their services - Netcapital is, as far as we're aware, just passing on the cost.
- We understand that Netcapital does not charge a fee for a wire transfer, but it's likely that your bank does. Fees in the United States are typically $15-$25, but please check with your bank first.
No, Netcapital does not charge a fee to you. Any fees for the offering will be covered by MAGFAST. There is, however a card processing fee (around ~3%) should you invest via credit card.
If you're not seeing this option, it's likely that you are outside the United States. Investing using your bank account is only available to people with an account at a U.S. bank or credit union.
Please also note that many more of your questions may be answered within the comprehensive, searchable Netcapital Help Center