Electric car pioneers have disrupted the car industry and become some of the most valuable companies in the world.
We believe Lightning is the best positioned motorcycle company to be a leader in the shift to electrification.
Motorcycles are just at the beginning of the shift to electric.
With 14+ years of engineering industry leading electric vehicle technology, Lightning motorcycle plans to disrupt the motorcycle industry by providing consumers one of the world’s highest performance, potentially longest, ranged, and fastest charging electric motorcycles.
The widespread adoption of electric motorcycles has long been hindered by a set of core concerns.
- Performance is not on par with gas motorcycles
- Price premium over gas motorcycle
- Driving distance and range anxiety
- Extended charging time
- Limited choices
Over the last 14+ years, Lightning has developed proprietary technologies that were proven in competition to build production bikes using agile design and manufacturing techniques.
Lightning’s technologies are designed to be capable of scaling to meet diverse segments of motorcycle categories from Superbikes, Adventure Bikes, to 250cc equivalents.
Lightning aims to change how motorcycle riders consume energy, all while elevating expectations.
Convenient. Desirable. Affordable.
Leveraging proprietary technologies, Lightning manufactures products aimed to attract consumers based on a superior user experience, accessible performance, and ease of operation for new and experienced riders.
- Fast charging
- Enhanced range
- Some of the best-in-class power
This industry leading feature not only allows for more time spent riding but along with best in class range per kw, addresses range anxiety concerns.
- Utilizing leading edge high energy battery technology, plus Lightning’s proprietary Battery Management System (BMS) and some of the best in class aero design, we aim to achieve industry leading range.
- Combined with short charge times and some of the best in class range, Lightning e-motorcycles are designed to provide a riding time experience superior to that of Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) motorcycles of similar size and class.
- Freedom to travel is more time for fun.
SOME OF THE BEST-IN-CLASS POWER
- Proven top speed of 218 mph with 200+ HP (land speed record)
- This performance leadership technology is applied to all of Lightning’s product offerings
- In addition, proprietary thermal management system results in further gain in overall battery and system efficiencies
“Weight is the enemy of motorcycles” is the mantra of Lightning engineers. Lightning designs light weight throughout the entire bike system, from lightweight battery pack structure, lightweight chassis, lightweight components, and carbon fiber fairings. With Lightning’s lightweight technology and solution, our customers enjoy better handling, more range, and more acceleration.
LOWER THE TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
The headaches of motorcycle ownership, such as keeping up with maintenance, can take the joy out of the ride. Lightning offers a simple, stress-free solution that can change the way you think about motorcycle ownership.
There are 15 tasks you may be able to forever check off your to-do list!
Big savings and reduction to environmental impact at the same time.
key investment highlights
- One of the world’s fastest productions of electric motorcycles (land speed record: 215.960 mph, top speed of 218.637 mph).
- Rapidly growing market
- Tech-forward sales and service model (combining tech and local existing dealership) to build world-class user experience
- Disruptive capabilities in several key technologies
- Product roadmap covers a broad spectrum of products
Global electric motorcycles industry exceeded 10 million unit annual sales in 2021, an 81% increase over the pre-pandemic 2019.
The growth of Electric Cars paves the way:
- Improving battery technology may increase range and reduce cost.
- Charging infrastructure is becoming ubiquitous. As of November 2022, there are just over 2.3 million charging stations worldwide. The number is expected to surpass 16.83 million by the end of 2028.
- In the USA, there are 49,992 public charging stations installed nationwide.
Increasing strong public awareness and support of environmental issues increases EV adoption.
Who could rule this $100B market?
No obvious leader today… Why not Lightning?
Lightning’s business model aims to build a valuable brand, competitive product price and best customer experience to be a consumer choice motorcycle.
- Introduce high performance product lines to build the brand
- Start mass production for the Strike and Spark product lines to create volume and potentially drive profitability
- Direct-to-consumer through Lightning Experience Center
- Fast product Time-to-Market using Lightning’s modular platform
- Innovated modular technology architecture for electric motorcycle
- Deep knowledge in battery technologies and pack design
- Successful previous business $200M portfolio
- Founded Lightning Motors in 2009
- Lifelong motorcycle rider / car racer with a passion for tech
- 1988 to 2009: Amateur car race driver
- Winner: Western Endurance Racing Championship 2006, 2007
- 1997: Recruited to e-Porsche team. This was where the fascination for EVs began
- Software Entrepreneur and funded a SAS start-up company
- MS in Computer Science UCSB, MBA Purdue
- Joined Lightning Motors in 2011
In 1996 Rob founded Milestone Equipment Holdings. With his management team and the help of private equity partners, Milestone became second largest highway and intermodal trailer lessor in North America with over 80,000 leased assets and 100 employees in 30 branch locations.
As Group Marketing Manager for Southern Pacific Railroad, Rob and his team developed and successfully implemented the Nation’s “pilot project” for railroad industry deregulation that involved transcontinental shipment of fresh fruits and vegetables. This experiment was authorized by the Interstate Commerce Commission and its success facilitated broader deregulation of the railroad industry.
Rob earned his bachelor’s degree in business administration from Michigan State University.
Use of Proceeds
If the offering's maximum amount of $4,999,991 is raised:
|Use||Value||% of Proceeds|
|Upscaling Production and Inventory||$2,000,000||40.0%|
|Compensation (Expand Team)||$1,250,000||25.0%|
|Sales & Marketing||$450,000||9.0%|
This is an offering of Common Stock, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in Lightning Motors Corporation, doing business as Lightning Motorcycle. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by April 28, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. Lightning Motorcycle may issue additional securities to raise up to $4,999,991, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
Lightning Motorcycle’s official name is Lightning Motors Corporation, so that’s the name that appears in the statements below.
These financial statements have been audited by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
Understand the Risks
Be sure to understand the risks of this type of investment. No regulatory body (not the SEC, not any state regulator) has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials or information posted herein. That’s typical for Regulation CF offerings like this one.
Neither Netcapital nor any of its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, or agents shall have any liability whatsoever arising from any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in, or lack of care in the preparation or publication of, the materials and communication herein or the terms or valuation of any securities offering.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or to future financial performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which are, in some cases, beyond the company’s control and which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties, and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy, and liquidity. No obligation exists to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
- Mar 16, 2023Primary offering of $10.56shares at
- Mar 16, 2023
Ask a Question
Proofread your comment before submitting: once it's posted, you can’t edit or delete it. For the fastest help with the web site, email firstname.lastname@example.org instead of commenting.
Looking to raise capital?
We can help turn your friends, family and customers into investors.
Interested in more investment opportunities?
Browse all offerings currently available.