Materials define an age. We believe that graphene is the material of our age. It has the potential to make our world cleaner, healthier, more prosperous and sustainable.
AVADAIN, INC. is upscaling our globally patented process to manufacture large, thin and nearly defect free graphene flakes to meet the pent-up demand for the super material of the 21st Century.
Our high-quality flakes, produced in industrial volumes at a reasonable price, should meet the need of >80% of the vast global market for graphene flakes — estimated in the tens of billions of dollars. These flakes can be used by many clean tech, deep tech, industrial, defense, manufacturing and life sciences companies.
With initial recognition and backing from Panasonic Intellectual Property Corporation of America and a March 2022 $3.77 million project grant from the US Department of Commerce, Avadain is now seeking to upscale our technology, expand our patent portfolio and produce samples to support our licensing activities.
Avadain is ready to unleash the Graphene Revolution.
NO INDUSTRIAL VOLUMES OF AFFORDABLY PRICED GRAPHENE FLAKES - Hundreds of billions of dollars of graphene-enabled products are waiting to enter the market. But, there is no source of high-quality graphene flakes in industrial volumes at an acceptable price.
Avadain's globally patented, breakthrough technology can overcome the three obstacles to widespread use of graphene flakes — quality, price & quantity.
Key Investment Highlights
- Graphene could change our world. Graphene can be more important to the 21st Century than plastics were to the 20th Century
- Mass production of graphene-enabled products is held back because there is no technology to produce industrial quantities of reasonably priced high-quality graphene flakes
- Avadain has successfully demonstrated a breakthrough and green manufacturing process to produce high-quality flakes
- Avadain has granted patents in 10 countries with patents pending in 9 more
- We have the team, including strong partners, to upscale graphene flake manufacturing to high-throughput, continuous production, which is partially funded by a generous US Department of Commerce grant
- Upscaling our technology, expanding the patent portfolio and producing samples to support our licensing activities is the focus of our capital raise
- Driven by our experienced team, Avadain plans to license its technology to meet existing and projected demand for excellent quality flakes to advanced materials manufacturers, enabling rapid growth and unleashing the Graphene Age
What is Graphene?
Graphene aims to become one of the most disruptive materials of all time. It’s designed to be the lightest, strongest, thinnest, best thermal & electricity-conducting material ever discovered. It is expected to revolutionize electric vehicles, batteries, sensors, renewable energy & medicine ... to name just a few.
Graphene is a thin layer of graphite that is 10 or fewer atoms thick. It was discovered in 2004 at the University of Manchester by Professors Andre Geim and Kostya Novoselov, who won the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physics.
Graphene's Unique Qualities
- Strength (150,000,000 psi) – 200x stronger than steel
- Flexibility – bendable
- Thin – 1 million times thinner than a sheet of paper
- Light – a 1 gram sheet would cover a soccer field
- Heat conductivity – best material for conducting heat
- Electrical conductivity – nearly perfect conductor
- Electronic properties – electrons move through graphene at close to the speed of light
- Invisibility – transmits 97% of light (glass window transmits 80%-90%)
- Impermeability – enables water filtration & purification
Emerging technologies research firm IDTechEx says the market is at a tipping point for the Graphene Age. The global graphene market is projected to grow from USD $620 million in 2020 to USD $1.4 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 19%, according to MarketsandMarkets. Vantage Market Research goes further, projecting the global graphene market will grow to $2.526 billion by 2028.
Graphene "is not even one material. It is a huge range of materials. A good comparison would be to how plastics are used."
Graphene for National Security
With the Russian invasion of the Ukraine and China flexing its military muscle, graphene has become a critical material for U.S. National Security. The stakes could not be higher.
Nearly Defect-Free Graphene Flakes
Oxygen trapped in flakes accounts for most of the defects which inhibit graphene’s remarkable qualities. Avadain’s patented process uses optimized Electrochemical Exfoliation and Expansion in an inert environment, resulting in nearly defect-free flakes.
Chemisorption of reducing hydrogen helps exfoliate graphite into low-defect graphene flakes with little oxidation in the graphene structure, contrasting the popular Hummer’s Method using very strong oxidizing agents to exfoliate graphite into graphene oxide flakes with too many hard-to-remove defects.
Our Disruptive Graphene Flakes
Avadain's technology produces large, thin and very few defected graphene flakes with a 70%+ yield using a new, green process which can be upscaled to high-throughput production lines for mass-producing quality graphene at acceptable cost.
Avadain plans to implement a capital efficient revenue model based on licensing our technology to companies whose core competency is to manufacture advanced materials. We also plan to license to companies whose business requires an assured supply of high-quality graphene flakes.
Our licensing model enables rapid and flexible scaling to meet the forecasted explosive demand from industry and government. Driven by our experienced management team, Avadain plans to license our technology to:
- Advanced materials manufacturers. These companies have the technical expertise, business experience and customer contacts to support manufacturing, marketing and selling of high-quality graphene flakes. Many of these companies have the capability to tune Avadain’s graphene flakes to meet specific, end-user needs.
- Niche graphene materials manufacturers (various industry verticals). Most graphene companies are focused on making graphene-enhanced products. Avadain’s technology offers these companies the ability to manufacture their own low-cost, high-quality graphene flakes.
- Certain mission-critical users (seeking consistent quality and reliable supply). Some industries need a reliable source of industrial volumes of high-quality graphene flakes, including aviation, space, national security, and medicine. These flakes can be optimized to specific application requirements.
Avadain plans to provide licensees with the design for a mass production graphene flake manufacturing plant, together with an engineering package and implementation support.
- Strong IP position is core to Avadain’s value creation
- The US’ #1 IP law firm, Fish & Richardson, drafted & filed a comprehensive patent application in 2016
- Parent patent granted in the US (#10,662,537), Brazil, Brazil (divisional), China, Europe, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Russia, Russia (divisional) & Singapore
- Patents pending in Australia, Canada, Chile, China, Indonesia, Israel (divisional), Japan (divisional), Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore (divisional), US (continuation) & Vietnam
- The second patent was filed in 2019 in the US (#16/569,264), followed by a PCT in September 2020
Avadain recognizes that the long-term competitive advantage of our technology licensing requires ongoing innovation and optimization of our graphene flake manufacturing technology.
Memphis Business Journal: Memphis startup Avadain looks to unlock the ‘revolutionary’ potential of graphene
FinancialContent.com: Memphis startup Avadain looks to unlock the 'revolutionary' potential of graphene
Memphis Business Journal: Startup Avadain scores federal funds, prepares to upscale graphene manufacturing process
Business Fast-UK Business and Finance News: Startup Avadain scores federal funds, prepares to upscale graphene manufacturing process – The Business Journals
Graphene.tv (China): Avadain获得377万美元的资助，用于将其石墨烯片技术升级为大规模生产
S. Roscher, et al., “High voltage electrochemical exfoliation of graphite for high-yield graphene production,” RSC Adv., 2019, 9, 29305
Use of Proceeds
If the offering's maximum amount of $5,000,000 is raised:
|Use||Value||% of Proceeds|
|Upscaling graphene production||$2,262,500||45.3%|
This is an offering of Class A-1 Common Stock, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in Avadain, Inc.. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by May 30, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. Avadain may issue additional securities to raise up to $5,000,000, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
These financial statements have been audited by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
Understand the Risks
Be sure to understand the risks of this type of investment. No regulatory body (not the SEC, not any state regulator) has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials or information posted herein. That’s typical for Regulation CF offerings like this one.
Neither Netcapital nor any of its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, or agents shall have any liability whatsoever arising from any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in, or lack of care in the preparation or publication of, the materials and communication herein or the terms or valuation of any securities offering.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or to future financial performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which are, in some cases, beyond the company’s control and which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties, and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy, and liquidity. No obligation exists to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
- May 17, 2022Lead graphene researcher joins Avadain’s...
Lead graphene researcher joins Avadain’s team
We are delighted to announce that Dr. Sarah Roscher has joined the Avadain team as a consulting graphene scientist. Sarah was the lead researcher at the Fraunhofer Institute of Applied Solid State Physics, which developed Avadain’s technology (2016-2020). Sarah is the principal author of the peer-reviewed paper on Avadain’s technology: “High voltage electrochemical exfoliation of graphite for high-yield graphene production”, published in the Royal Society of Chemistry, RSC Adv., 2019, 9, 29305. Sarah is also a named inventor on all of Avadain’s patents. Sarah is truly a graphene expert and a pioneer of electrochemical exfoliation and expansion of graphite to create high quality, high yield graphene.
Please join us in welcoming Sarah to the Avadain team!RoyalSocietyChemistry graphene paper.pdf
- May 10, 2022Avadain Inc. Community, Avadain has a globally...
Avadain Inc. Community,
Avadain has a globally patented, environmentally friendly technology to manufacture high-quality graphene flakes. We are currently scaling our green technology to produce industrial quantities of this super material at an affordable cost. Industries are waiting for a reliable supply of high-quality, reasonably priced graphene to use in hundreds of products.
Read our investor article, where we take a moment to spotlight Avadain’s incredible team bringing this vision to life!
Graphene’s revolutionary properties are so promising that we have decided to raise equity capital from investors who want to be a part of the Graphene Revolution.
Join us as a shareholder today and unleash the Graphene Revolution!
Warmly, Brad LarschanRead to Learn More
- May 9, 2022Avadain Inc. Community, We were featured in a...
Avadain Inc. Community,
We were featured in a recent Memphis Business Journal article, “Memphis startup Avadain looks to unlock the ‘revolutionary’ potential of graphene”!
The article states, “Larschan is far from the first to be excited about graphene; scientific and technological circles have been tantalized by its promise for years.” The University of Manchester (where graphene was first discovered) says graphene’s “amazing properties could create an impact of the scale last seen with the Industrial Revolution.”
For more information on the Graphene Revolution and what we’re doing to unlock its huge potential, we encourage all of our supporters and investors to read the full feature!
Join Avadain Inc. as an early shareholder today.
Warmly, Brad LarschanAvadain Inc. featured in Business Journal article!FB MemphisInno Press.png
- May 9, 2022Hello Avadain Community – In a recent Twitter...
Hello Avadain Community –
In a recent Twitter post, the Chief Technology and Innovation Officer of the US Air Force’s AFWERX innovation directorate wrote: “If you are looking to invest in … advanced materials … or any other heavily science based tech solution you can make sure you’re being a good steward of fund dollars with a little extra work. First, legitimate companies will have publicly available peer reviewed papers that investors can use to get up to speed on the technology, the opportunities and risks.”
Avadain’s technology was peer reviewed by the Royal Society of Chemistry. See “High voltage electrochemical exfoliation of graphite for high-yield graphene production,” RSC Adv., 2019, 9, 29305.
Thank you for your support! Please reach out to us if you would like more information.
- Apr 19, 2022Hello Avadain Community! Investment Research...
Hello Avadain Community!
Investment Research Radio is featuring Avadain! I hope you can get a sense for my enthusiasm (which the entire team shares) about graphene and Avadain’s disruptive technology! Here are the links:
- Apr 13, 2022Hello Avadain Community! The Graphene Age has...
Hello Avadain Community!
The Graphene Age has finally arrived.
Materials define an Age. We believe that graphene is the super material of our Age. It is about making our world cleaner, healthier, more prosperous, and sustainable.
Today, companies are forced to work with suboptimal quality materials called ‘graphene’. Mass production of graphene-enabled products is held back because there is no technology to produce industrial quantities of reasonably priced high-quality graphene flakes. Until now. Avadain has successfully demonstrated a breakthrough, globally patented, and green process to manufacture high-quality graphene. We are raising capital to upscale our technology to produce industrial volumes of graphene to meet pent-up demand and expected explosive growth.
Be a force for good. Spread the word about this investment opportunity!
Warmly, Brad LarschanEmail The Graphene Market is a booming opportunity.png
- Apr 6, 2022Avadain Community, Avadain Inc. has globally...
Avadain Inc. has globally patented a green, breakthrough technology to manufacture a uniquely superior form of the “super material” graphene. We believe that very valuable products could enter the market once a reliable supply of high-quality graphene becomes available. We believe that Avadain’s graphene manufacturing technology will usher in the Graphene Age.
But to achieve our vision, we need your support!
Our investor pitch deck is now available for free download, and we hope you’ll give it a look!
Thank you for your support.
Warmly, Brad LarschanDownload our Pitch Deck!
- Apr 1, 2022
- Mar 31, 2022Avadain Inc. Community, Have you heard of...
Avadain Inc. Community,
Have you heard of graphene? The incredibly strong, light, ultra-thin “super material” can enhance electric vehicles, renewable energy, space exploration, batteries, medicine, aviation, electronics, etc.
Backed by Panasonic, Avadain Inc. has a green, globally patented, breakthrough technology to manufacture high-quality graphene. We are now starting to upscale our technology to manufacture industrial quantities to meet pent-up demand and support graphene’s projected explosive global growth.
We are ready to take the industry by storm, but we can’t do it without your support!
Warmly, Brad LarschanFB Equity Crowdfunding 101 (1).png
- Mar 29, 2022Primary offering of $4shares at
- Mar 29, 2022
Ask a Question
Proofread your comment before submitting: once it's posted, you can’t edit or delete it. For the fastest help with the web site, email firstname.lastname@example.org instead of commenting.