The company plans to use its four unique instrument designs, pioneering blockchain technology, instant clearing, and default-free, fully collateralized positions to create a significant competitive challenge to existing exchanges and clearing houses.
- Derivatives' markets transact $15 trillion per day. This amount is 15,000 times bigger than Amazon customers buy each day
- We plan to trade traditional assets in all major asset classes (no crypto)
- Our edge is four new derivative instrument designs — providing users with reduced risk, lower costs, and instant clearing
- Our target market is very large institutional market participants
- Current exchanges charge high fees (we anticipate ours being 50 to 90% less)
*Subject to CFTC and SEC approval
Exchange-traded derivatives are on a collision course with destiny. The financial system must still obey the immutable law of risk vs. reward. On a macro scale, there have been many instances where the global financial system has been stressed to the point of collapse. On a micro scale, costs are very high and few options exist for participants to control risk. Also, current exchanges cannot guarantee winning positions will be paid.
Because of the near monopolies in this industry, exchanges and clearing houses seem to be concerned only with extracting higher and higher fees from the trading community.
The risk to investors can be great in the current system. Here is an article explaining how a trader with $77k in his account lost $9 million in one day trading futures. This is a huge problem in our industry.
On our exchange, the most this trader could lose is $77k (if he were “all in”). Such definitive risk control could save the trader and ultimately save the financial system from a derivatives-induced contagion.
Demand Derivatives plans to provide much-needed competition in this industry. It expects to break through those near monopolies by offering better products (optimized instrument designs) at lower costs (fee savings of 50% to 90%) with reduced risk (maximum loss levels) and greater precision (exact close-to-close exposure possible).
We plan to accomplish this by launching a U.S.-regulated futures exchange and clearing house, for which we need to obtain approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. The key to its success will be four innovative instrument designs, fully collateralized positions, and blockchain clearing on six key underlying assets.
FOUR INSTRUMENT DESIGNS
- RealVol® (realized volatility)
- RealDay™ (delayed strike daily options)
- RealGlobe™ (39 major country equity indices)
- RealLimit™ (limited risk futures)
The risk is limited because of the instrument design attributable primarily to the RealLimit concept. This means that all positions on the exchange have limited risk, or in industry parlance are said to be “fully collateralized.” Traders will not be forced to deposit additional money into their account (as is possible with adverse moves in current futures contracts). The financial system (i.e., brokers, and clearing firms) will no longer have risk to rogue traders, improper risk controls, or just extremely volatile markets.
Because traders have different risk tolerances, the exchange plans to offer two risk levels, with more possible.
Because fully collateralized positions are dramatically easier to clear, internal costs can be substantially reduced as follows:
- Eliminating the guarantee fund (no need for credit backstop)
- Eliminating the risk modeling group (no need to assess margin levels)
- Eliminating physical clearing (a cash settlement process is vastly simpler)
- Eliminating FCMs and clearing members (no need for third-party guarantors)
- Outsourcing compliance and surveillance (reduces conflicts of interest)
- Using a private, or “internal,” blockchain (produces additional efficiencies)
Because internal costs are drastically reduced, we believe we can cut fees by 50% to 90% to traders to gain market share quickly.
One phenomenon in markets is an attempt by market participants to execute at the close. Only one trader can be the last one of the day, so it is nearly impossible to “get the closing price” each day unless one is very lucky. Our process essentially guarantees execution on the close if desired.
One of the biggest challenges to starting a new marketplace is building volume to critical mass — the classic “chicken or egg” problem. Our team recently had a major breakthrough — a new process called “Perfect Execution at Settlement” (PEAS). This process is expected to attract volume without liquidity, making it easier to achieve critical mass. In addition, our new market microstructure process encourages volume at the best bid and offer prices.
Demand Derivatives plans to clear using a private blockchain (i.e., non-distributed ledger). In other words, we are using blockchain format in a simple ledger. This allows us to benefit from the technology (immutable record of trades and to eliminate the need for cash transactions) and not the drawbacks (hackable and slow speeds). In addition, if in the future, there is a need or desire to distribute the ledger, we won’t have to revamp the clearing process, just simply distribute the ledger — potentially saving conversion costs down the line.
Note: to clarify, Demand Derivatives has no plans to compete in the cryptocurrency space. There are currently hundreds of crypto exchanges. Our business model is to compete using cutting edge technology, novel instrument designs, and a streamlined clearing house to add to global volumes or usurp volumes from existing exchanges in the world’s key global assets.
- Exchange fees
- Clearing fees
- License fees
- Data fees
Note that exchanges have the highest profit margins of any business we know. The next graphic shows the operating profit margin compared with data vendors and investment banks.
Statistic relevant to Demand Derivatives:
$15 trillion trades each day globally. The CME commands a near monopoly in the U.S. with 91% of U.S. futures trading.
Statistic relevant to RealDay options:
131 million options trade each day on global exchanges.
Statistic relevant to RealGlobe products:
165 million equity index futures and options trade each day worldwide.
Statistic relevant to RealLimit futures:
115 million futures contracts trade each day at all exchanges.
Statistic relevant to RealClear:
The OCC has a true monopoly clearing 100% of U.S. securities-options volume. (Source: OCC)
Statistic relevant to RealVol products:
½ million VIX® futures and options trade each day. (Source: Cboe)
- The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) is the largest futures exchange and has a near monopoly in the U.S. with 91% of futures volume.
- The Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) has about 8% market share in futures.
- Several other exchanges share the remaining 1%.
- Because of our better product design, limited risk, lower costs, and instant clearing, we expect to be a formidable competitor to the largest exchanges within five years of launch.
- The below graphic shows the consolidation in the industry over time.
Note: We are competing on ASSETS (i.e., gold, crude, corn, etc.). However, we are not competing on INSTRUMENTS (volatility, daily options, international indices, and limited risk futures). Our proprietary, patent pending instrument designs are not available on CME or ICE. Therefore, if one looks at assets, we realistically have one or maybe two competitors. If one looks at instruments, we have no competitors.
Success to Date
- Licensed RealVol to a U.S. securities options exchange
- Licensed RealDay to a U.S. securities options exchange
- Our first clearing house customer — a U.S. options exchange — signed letter of intent to clear options in our clearing house
- Distributing RealVol indices on Nasdaq and Bloomberg
- Partnered with GMEX Technologies (to provide exchange and clearing house systems)
- Created/designed RealGlobe products
- Created/designed RealLimit instruments
- Merged two companies (VolX and RealDay), bringing along two instrument designs (RealVol and RealDay), which, combined with RealGlobe and RealLimit, make a total of four instruments under the Demand Derivatives' umbrella
- Memorandum of Understanding signed with a large-scale stablecoin provider
- Attracted several very senior, highly experienced directors, advisers, and officers
- Gathered invaluable market intelligence by visiting hundreds of institutions, such as investment banks, hedge funds, market makers, options and volatility trading firms, and asset managers.
- Retained one of top three counselors for regulator applications
There are seven senior team members each with dozens of years of market experience. Experiences include the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Morgan Stanley, BATS, MIAX, CME, IIT Professor, HKSE, CFTC, NASD, and in-house counsel at several financial conglomerates.
Use of Proceeds
If the offering's maximum amount of $411,744 is raised:
|Use||Value||% of Proceeds|
|Compensation for managers||$80,000||19.4%|
|Attorneys for IP Protection||$40,000||9.7%|
|Attorney for Regulatory Applications||$160,000||38.9%|
This is an offering of Preferred Stock, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in Demand Derivatives Corp.. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by October 27, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. Demand Derivatives may issue additional securities to raise up to $411,744, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
These financial statements have been reviewed by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
- Form C on March 31, 2022
- Form C/A on April 12, 2022
- Form C/A on May 27, 2022
- Form C/A on September 26, 2022
- Form C/A on December 9, 2022
- Form C/A on January 18, 2023
- Form C/A on January 19, 2023
- Form C/A on February 27, 2023
- Form C/A on May 16, 2023
- Form C/A on July 18, 2023
- Form C/A on October 16, 2023
- Form C-U on November 28, 2023
Understand the Risks
Be sure to understand the risks of this type of investment. No regulatory body (not the SEC, not any state regulator) has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials or information posted herein. That’s typical for Regulation CF offerings like this one.
Neither Netcapital nor any of its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, or agents shall have any liability whatsoever arising from any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in, or lack of care in the preparation or publication of, the materials and communication herein or the terms or valuation of any securities offering.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or to future financial performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which are, in some cases, beyond the company’s control and which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties, and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy, and liquidity. No obligation exists to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
- Nov 28, 2023
- Oct 28, 2023Primary offering finalized, sellingsharesSold $16 for a total of $55,472shares at
- Oct 16, 2023
- Jul 18, 2023
- May 16, 2023
- Feb 27, 2023
- Feb 24, 2023The capital-raising process is taking longer...
The capital-raising process is taking longer than originally planned due to a variety of factors. The entire team at Demand Derivatives is still very enthusiastic and supportive of the project. When sufficient capital is raised, we have the mechanisms and professionals in place to execute the business plan we have outlined. We have embarked on three presentations targeted to large, institutional strategic partners. The first one was held in Chicago and was well received. Our NYC event will take place next week, and our London event is scheduled for next month. The goal of the presentations is to generate interest among knowledgeable industry professionals and institutions who will invest enough capital to fund the exchange and get to launch.
- Jan 19, 2023
- Jan 18, 2023
- Dec 9, 2022
- Sep 26, 2022
- May 27, 2022
- Apr 12, 2022
- Mar 31, 2022Primary offering of $16shares at
- Mar 31, 2022
- Jun 22, 2021Primary offering finalized, sellingsharesSold $15 for a total of $122,685shares at
- Feb 5, 2021Comparison: The ABAXX exchange in Singapore is...
Comparison: The ABAXX exchange in Singapore is valued today at $222m. Both of our exchanges are pre-revenue. They say they are nearing their regulatory approval in Singapore. We are just beginning our regulatory process with the CFTC. In other words, we are approximately six months behind them in development. They have 2 proposed products: LNG and gold. We have roughly 60 proposed products. Our asking price is $32m.ABAXX Exchange (foreign exchange)
- Jan 25, 2021The answers to this survey will help guide our...
The answers to this survey will help guide our product rollout.Can you spare 5 or 10 minutes to take our market survey?
- Jan 25, 2021Each week, view our RealVol index rankings. You...
Each week, view our RealVol index rankings. You will get a better understanding of the amount of risk currently exhibited in the top 40 assets of the world.Check it out on the weekends for weekly updates.
- Jan 25, 2021Compelling research on the theoretical...
Compelling research on the theoretical profitability of RealDay optionsLong term covered call overlay strategy.Theoretical Perpetual RealDay Overlay ATM Only 1950 thru 2020.pdf
- May 5, 2020Primary offering of $15shares at
Ask a Question
Proofread your comment before submitting: once it's posted, you can’t edit or delete it. For the fastest help with the web site, email firstname.lastname@example.org instead of commenting.