We empower the people of developing nations, enabling them to make their own disinfectant onsite within minutes to sanitize surfaces and treat drinking water. Our solution has the potential to save millions of lives in the most vulnerable areas of the world by reducing disease-causing pathogens.
Our systems use common salt, available everywhere, to solve the disinfection supply chain issues that plague developing nations. We believe the technology is cheaper, easier to use, and more robust than alternatives.
Today, we believe the company is poised for growth given the proven technology, right leadership team, and the world begging for solutions. This burgeoning market combines the opportunity to save lives and grow shareholder value.
- Strong leadership team with proven experience in technology innovation, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), and increasing shareholder value
- Field-proven technology:
- Hundreds of systems installed in 20+ countries
- Cutting-edge Internet of Things (IoT)
- Robust patent portfolio
- Backed by third-party scientific studies
- Established industry relationships:
- Collaboration agreement with PATH, who's funded by the Gates Foundation
- UNICEF is evaluating the technology
- USAID approval
- Relationships with many other large NGOs including World Vision, Catholic Relief Services, and more
- Every 1 in 7 medical patients in low and middle-income countries acquire an infection when visiting a health facility, a rate about 5 times that of the US — and nearly 1 in 4 of these people die.
- Over 2 billion people worldwide still do not have access to safe drinking water, contributing to 1.2 million deaths each year due to waterborne illnesses.
These numbers could be vastly improved with simple disinfection, but obtaining a reliable supply of disinfectant is no easy task in the developing world due to supply chain issues and poor product quality, often leaving facilities without disinfectant for extended periods of time.
- Aqua Research can potentially save millions of lives each year by enabling hospitals to make their own disinfectant on site within minutes, using only common salt.
- Our systems solve chlorine shortages that leave hospitals without disinfection for 2 to 6 months each year. Users report a strong preference for our technology over purchased chemicals by a factor of 25 to 1.
- A Ghana hospital director reports, “On-site generation of liquid chlorine is enormously economical as compared to commercially acquired chlorine tablets.”
- The systems are also far easier to use, eliminating hazardous chemicals and the need for mixing and dilution.
- The systems include cutting-edge Internet of Things (IoT) sensors for remote monitoring, ensuring the units do not fall into disuse.
Robust Patent Portfolio:
- Patent on Micro Purifier US 506966022
- Pending patent for a Modular Purifier System PCT/ US 18/31285
- Patent on Carafe System US 10,590,549
- Patent on Venturi Brine Feed US 11,279,636
- Pending patent for the STREAM™ system PCT/US 18/61733
- Patent for the STREAM™ system in India No. 413364
- Trademark for H2gO Reg. No. 4,515,980
- Pending patent on low-cost handheld pump PCT/US 2018/027178
- Pending trademark for the AquaGuardian™ 5-gallon purifier
Systems are sold or leased to healthcare facilities, with government funds or NGO financing.
Maintenance contracts provide an ongoing revenue stream for Aqua Research, improve ease of use, and ensure equipment functionality.
PATH, an international non-profit that transforms global health through innovation, has financed many Aqua Research installations. PATH is the leading recipient of funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, with a combined total of $1.8 billion received to date.
WHO and UNICEF have collected data on nearly 1 million healthcare facilities in low and middle-income countries, which they acknowledge is an underestimate. If each facility purchased one $3K system, the Total Available Market for health centers is at least $3 billion. Some facilities will need larger systems, which cost $20K. Maintenance contracts provide ongoing revenue opportunities.
The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals #3 for “Good Health and Wellbeing” and #6 for “Clean Water and Sanitation” are driving investment in developing nations.
Our technology is also applicable to many other market applications, including drinking water treatment, industrial cooling towers, agriculture, and more, with the potential to replace over 2 billion metric tons of chlorine use globally.
We have established relationships and conducted installations in many African countries as well as have a strong presence in Haiti.
- LA Daily Post
Los Alamos Native on Mission to Help Embattled Ukraine
- The Custodian
TTH Pharmacy Produces Liquid Chlorine From Common Salt
- University of North Carolina's Water & Health Conference
Degradation of bleach produced for disinfection in Kenyan healthcare facilities using novel technology (pg. 67)
Use of Proceeds
If the offering's maximum amount of $1,234,999 is raised:
|Use||Value||% of Proceeds|
|Unallocated Funds||$1||less than 0.1%|
|General & Administrative||$248,235||20.1%|
This is an offering of Common Stock, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in Aqua Research, Inc.. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by April 28, 2023 at 10:59pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. Aqua Research may issue additional securities to raise up to $1,234,999, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
These financial statements have been reviewed by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
Understand the Risks
Be sure to understand the risks of this type of investment. No regulatory body (not the SEC, not any state regulator) has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials or information posted herein. That’s typical for Regulation CF offerings like this one.
Neither Netcapital nor any of its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, or agents shall have any liability whatsoever arising from any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in, or lack of care in the preparation or publication of, the materials and communication herein or the terms or valuation of any securities offering.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or to future financial performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which are, in some cases, beyond the company’s control and which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties, and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy, and liquidity. No obligation exists to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
- Sep 1, 2023
- Apr 29, 2023Primary offering finalized, sellingsharesSold $1.63 for a total of $36,233.27shares at
- Mar 28, 2023We wanted to share the results of studies on...
We wanted to share the results of studies on the Aqua Research technology conducted by the global non-profit PATH, one of the top funding recipients from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. PATH found that our technology offered 29% cost savings over commercial chlorine.
“Improving Infection Prevention and Control practices in healthcare facilities: Introduction of the Aqua Research STREAM Disinfection Generator in Uganda healthcare facilities.” – a study by PATHLearn more about PATH's work with Aqua Research systems.29% cost savings according to PATH studies in Uganda.png
- Mar 22, 2023World Water Day is about observing the...
World Water Day is about observing the importance of water to humanity and bringing attention to the world’s global water crisis.
Water affects all of our lives, and we need everyone to take action to help solve the global water crisis. You and your family, school, business, and community can make a difference by changing the way you use, consume, and manage water in your lives.
Global water demand is projected to increase by 20 to 30% by 2050. (UN, 2018)
Learn more on how to take part in being a part of the change by supporting your favorite NGO, investing in water technology, and conserving your consumption.World Water Day
- Mar 15, 2023Do you enjoy Shark Tank and figuring out which...
Do you enjoy Shark Tank and figuring out which businesses are worthy of investment? Watch this savvy 10-year-old entrepreneur pitch the sharks on her invention.
Now ordinary people can invest in up-and-coming businesses through Equity Crowdfunding! Become a shark and invest for as little as $100!Watch
- Mar 14, 2023Thank you for being a part of our crowdfunding...
Thank you for being a part of our crowdfunding day celebration!
We’re thrilled to share some stats on our Netcapital crowdfunding campaign with you:
- Our total funds raised, $26,910
- Mar 13, 2023Meet Sister Elita, she runs the Center Alta...
Meet Sister Elita, she runs the Center Alta Disita orphanage in Haiti. She uses the Aqua Research STREAM system to disinfect collected rainwater, clean the orphanage, and keep their neighbors’ water safe from cholera. Sister Elita shares her enthusiasm while Aqua Research’s Haitian distribution partner Ferdinand translates.
- Mar 9, 2023
- Mar 6, 2023Celebrating Groundwater Awareness Week We all...
Celebrating Groundwater Awareness Week
We all know water is one of the world’s most precious resources, although we sometimes take it for granted.
We all have a relationship with water, we use water every day for many activities, such as drinking, bathing, recreation, agriculture, cooling, manufacturing, and medical uses.
Water plays an essential role in everyday life, many people don’t realize that much of their water comes from the ground, which is why this week we pay celebration to the groundwater that provides for us every day.Learn MoreLinkedIn Post - Groundwater Awareness Week.png
- Feb 24, 2023This Publication by the Albuquerque Journal has...
This Publication by the Albuquerque Journal has shed on light how our technology is making an essential impact!
Take a read to get to know us further and the effective momentum we have, that you could be part of!
Feel free to leave comments and questions for us in the discussion section.AlbuquerqueJournal_20230224_A007_0.pdf
- Feb 3, 2023Primary offering of $1.63shares at
- Feb 3, 2023
Ask a Question
Proofread your comment before submitting: once it's posted, you can’t edit or delete it. For the fastest help with the web site, email firstname.lastname@example.org instead of commenting.