- Our team has over 100 years of combined industry experience. This is not your average startup.
- As stewards of capital, we invest alongside our crowd of investors for economic alignment.
- COVID-19 created an unprecedented entry point for investors wanting to buy at a low price.
- A record number of companies and investors are moving online to access investments options.
Through extensive time spent in the oil and gas industry, our team noticed the recent shifts in the capital markets that make accessing capital difficult for smaller oil and gas companies. Potential investors have no easy way to access these investment opportunities.
- Archaic dealings for oil and gas investing are outdated.
- No easy way for investors to access tailored products targeting the oil and gas market.
- With crowdfunding booming, oil and gas does not have a premier platform.
PetroFunders - Oil and Gas Crowdfunding Platform
We put together a powerful team to bring equity crowdfunding into the oil and gas sector with a disruptive business model. Our platform synchronizes fintech, crowdfunding, and deep industry experience.
- An online platform built to scale that can handle 100,000+ investors, simultaneous offerings, with investment products for accredited, nonaccredited, and institutional investors.
- Investors new to oil and gas don’t have to understand specifics about the industry.
- By leveraging our team experience, investors can select an investment product with defined targets
- Asset Classes (Example: Royalties)
- Lower relative risk profile
- Target Investment Returns (IRR / ROI)
- We make it simple: Explore, select, invest, and collect checks.
- Our startup has over 100 years of experience with oil and gas expertise in fundraising, accounting, and SEC law, designed to provide the leverage needed to invest with confidence.
- PetroFunders invests alongside investors who bring economic alignment and incentive to place capital in vetted opportunities.
- We develop environmental, social, and governance standards to ensure that investors on our platform benefit from the responsible placement of capital and overall company culture that fosters an inclusive environment.
PetroFunders will generate revenue through each investment product that is funded through the platform.
- Annual Management Fee
- Revenue Share - Carried Interest
Each investment product will have a management fee and carried interest structure based on the complexity and ongoing oversight required.
Capital markets retreated from oil and gas investments amid the historically low global energy demand caused by COVID19. This created a unique opening for alternative financing options for smaller oil and gas companies that no longer had access to capital markets. Companies need to sell discounted assets to survive. With commodity prices pressured by suppressed global demand, it is the time for investors to enter the market with a simple buy low, sell high strategy. For the crowdfunding market, offerings in July (typically the second slowest month) was the highest month of new offerings since the industry started with 128 new offerings. This was 74 more offerings than July 2019: a 137% increase.
Historically, capital providers looked for oil and gas deals. Today, oil and gas deals are looking for capital. This creates a buyers market that our community of investors will be able to access.
- Online crowdfunding platform built
- Corporate structure finalized with 5 entities
- 6 Core team members + 3 advisors
- First offering on platform (Reg D)
- Raised $1.91 million for first offering
- 15 Investors
We built a world-class team with industry expertise and a track record of creating value, navigating crowdfunding, and leveraging fintech. The combination of our skill sets and backgrounds make us the right team to create, maintain,and dominate the online marketplace for oil and gas investing while utilizing a disruptive business model.
Mr. Dukes co-founded PetroFunders in 2019. Previously held corporate reservoir engineering positions for a Caerus Oil & Gas, a private equity backed E&P company. At Caerus he was instrumental in maintaining and increasing the enterprise value exceeding $1 billion. He has expert technical and A&D experience with oil and gas assets in Texas, Louisiana, North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah. He has shown expertise in bringing forth material high value projects that meet or exceed acceptable market hurdle rates. During his time at QEP Resources, he launched an industry leading refrac program in Haynesville and oversaw a $35 million non operated budget. He holds a B.S. in Petroleum Engineering from University of Oklahoma.
Mr. Sotiros has 36 years of experience in accounting. He has spent the past 15 years as a member of the accounting firm of Sotiros & Sotiros, LLC, Certified Public Accountants, which includes clients in the oil and gas industry. As a CPA, he has been part of M&A activity with various clients, aggregating $50 million in deals. He was responsible for annual payments in excess of $500 million for film and television participating interests. In 1996, Warner Bros. merged with Turner Entertainment and he was involved in the logistics of coordinating merged departments. Mr. Sotiros has a Bachelor’s Degree in business from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Mr. Tate is a nationally recognized securities, finance, and fintech attorney. He counsels clients throughout the U.S. and internationally on structured finance, private and public securities offerings, fintech, initial coin offerings and tokens sales, SEC reporting, real estate financings, venture capital and angel financings, fund formation and compliance, business formation and corporate governance. Marty also represents several entrepreneurs, small and large companies, as well as private investors, finance companies, national and regional banks, investment banks and venture capital and private equity firms. In working with such clients, he regularly advises on various transactions, financings, contracts and agreements in an array of matters. Throughout his career, he has provided counsel in association with over $500 million in debt and equity financings.
Advisors and Investors
Mr. Banister brings extensive leadership and international experience. Most recently he has been elected to the Board of Directors of Dow. He also currently serves as Lead Independent Director for Tyson Foods. From 2007 to 2015, he was the President and CEO of Aera Energy, LLC. Banister began his career with Shell in 1980. Banister has worked in California, Louisiana, Texas, and Singapore. In addition to his experience in global exploration and production, he worked in strategic planning, information technology and acquisitions. Active in the public and private sectors, Banister is a Director for the Harwood Institute for Public Innovation. Banister served on the Boards of the California Chamber of Commerce and United Way of Kern County. Banister is also a member of the Board of Trustees of South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. Banister holds a bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the South Dakota School of Mines. Banister also received an Honorary Doctorate degree from Fort Valley State University in Georgia.
- earned more than $200,000 annually for the past two years,
- or earned more than $300,000 annually, combined with their spouse, for the past two years,
- or has a net worth of at least $1 million (solo or combined with their spouse) excluding their home.
Use of Proceeds
If the offering's maximum amount of $1,067,192 is raised:
|Use||Value||% of Proceeds|
|Marketing & Growth||$118,500||11.1%|
|3rd Party Expenses||$244,500||22.9%|
|Advisory and Legal Services||$347,000||32.5%|
This is an offering of Preferred Stock, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in PetroFunders Inc.. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by February 26, 2021 at 11:59pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. PetroFunders may issue additional securities to raise up to $1,067,192, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
Understand the Risks
Be sure to understand the risks of this type of investment. No regulatory body (not the SEC, not any state regulator) has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials or information posted herein. That’s typical for Regulation CF offerings like this one.
Neither Netcapital nor any of its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, or agents shall have any liability whatsoever arising from any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in, or lack of care in the preparation or publication of, the materials and communication herein or the terms or valuation of any securities offering.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or to future financial performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which are, in some cases, beyond the company’s control and which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties, and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy, and liquidity. No obligation exists to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
- Aug 31, 2023Company Update: PetroFunders continues to...
Company Update: PetroFunders continues to navigate a challenging fundraising landscape. Startup valuations face immense pressure from a lack of capital availability, which has trickled down from venture capital – growth stages (Series A – C) to the earlier investment stages (Seed) of the venture lifecycle. Quarterly deal values have declined ~26% from the prior quarter, resulting in decade-low deal valuations and trapped capital in mature startups.
In response to the current trends in VC and the risk of experiencing a down round from raising new equity, PetroFunders is shifting gears to explore revenue-based financing instruments that would allow us to launch and support our flagship Royalty Interest Fund vehicle. This financing option is typically non-dilutive in nature.
Be on the lookout for a signup link to receive our company newsletter and opportunities to get involved with the launch of our product as a company ambassador.
Maurice Dukes CEO & Fund Manager
- Mar 31, 2023Company Update: PetroFunders has entered the...
PetroFunders has entered the second round of fundraising, targeting investment from venture capital & private equity firms through a SAFE.
The current landscape of venture capital has changed in many ways and is expected to be unsettled & evolving over the next few years as they navigate economic headwinds. In this new reality, PetroFunders is well positioned to bring forth our investment vehicles to market, giving retail investors access to a royalty-based income product not correlated to stock market while providing a hedge solution to a high inflationary environment.
PetroFunders is currently at various deal stages with multiple venture capital & private equity firms. These stages range from preliminary talks to negotiations of a term sheet. This funding round is also currently being considered by one of the leading global financial services firms out of NYC.
Final details of the round can be shared once the round is closed.
Maurice Dukes CEO & Fund Manager
- Jul 5, 2021Investors, We are happy to provide an update...
We are happy to provide an update on our company progress and upcoming news!
- The PetroFunders investment platform will launch this month.
- We will be introducing our flagship investment product, which is a Royalty Interest Fund (RIF ).
- This will be the first fund targeting oil and gas royalties open to ALL investors. Our RIF is the final stages of the SEC qualifying process. If you are interested in passive income, tax advantaged cash flow, and diversifying your portfolio with income from royalty interests, join our waitlist if you haven’t already done so at www.PetroFundersUSA.com
Get Excited! More updates to come!
- May 4, 2021
- Apr 28, 2021
- Mar 10, 2021
- Feb 27, 2021Primary offering finalized, sellingsharesSold $1.14 for a total of $878,139.72shares at
- Feb 27, 2021Two years ago, we were furious with the limited...
Two years ago, we were furious with the limited options for us to participate in the wealth generated from the oil and gas industry. It has been our mission ever since to break down those barriers. This has been an extraordinary journey as we have raised over $220,000 in the last few days. To all the investors… buckle up!
- Feb 25, 2021PetroFunders Investors! We want to thank you...
PetroFunders Investors! We want to thank you for the enormous support during these final days of our equity investment round. Over $200,000 has been committed in the past 15 days as we approach the $750,000 mark. With one day remaining, this is the final chance to share this investment opportunity with your network. Thank you for joining us on this journey to democratize oil and gas investing! -MD & RW
- Jan 15, 2021Dear PetroFunders Investors, We want to wish...
Dear PetroFunders Investors,
We want to wish you a Happy New Year and a successful 2021! In about a month we have raised just over $400k from over 100 investors. We would like to thank everyone!! Thank you for joining us in our goal to democratize the oil and gas industry. We have one of the best momentums currently in crowdfunding.
As we continue to collect investments towards our maximum raise of $1,067,192, we are going to execute a “rolling close” which will disburse funds so we can execute the next phase of the investment products. Our team is already working hard to start on the legal contracts needed to bring forth our first Royalty Fund investment product. We will continue to raise funds on Netcapital so share it with your friends to keep up the momentum!
- Jan 13, 2021
- Jan 4, 2021
- Nov 19, 2020Primary offering of $1.14shares at
Ask a Question
Proofread your comment before submitting: once it's posted, you can’t edit or delete it. For the fastest help with the web site, email firstname.lastname@example.org instead of commenting.