UVISION is developing a platform that gives filmmakers the opportunity to fund their projects through individual/independent investors in exchange for exclusive digital collectible NFTs.
Filmmaking is in our DNA. We started UVISION in the Winter of 2021 through bootstrapping and sweat equity. Having run a film production studio, we understand the limitations of the film industry for new and upcoming creators.
- One of the first platforms that seek to use NFTs as a form of funding to produce high quality video content.
- The founders of the company are film industry professionals, with a background in marketing and business — working with UFC, Amazon Prime Video, TED, etc.
- Our team consists of a young and motivated programming team, specializing in blockchain and Web 3.
- UVISION'S platform is currently in active development. Our focus is on perfecting the user experience and backend prior to launch.
- Empowering filmmakers and investors to take creative + financial control into their own hands.
- Movie memorabilia market valued at $30 Billion + $27 Billion addressable NFTs market.¹
- Open-up the film & video industry to investors and creators worldwide - without any restrictions.
- Film and video content is the next big step in the NFT & collectibles market.
Barriers to entry for creatives
- The $235 billion film industry is controlled by a handful of production companies who decide what gets made and what doesn’t.² These production companies are run by gatekeepers who hand select projects and people to represent their own self-interests.
- We are of the opinion that this is a closed economy where opportunity is not based on merit, but rather nepotism.
- Talented filmmakers don’t even get the chance to pitch their projects to studios as they don’t have the connections to get through the door.
- Large studios seize creative control for their own purposes
- Unfair distribution of revenue between studio and film-makers
Giving power back to the people through UVISION
- A decentralized funding platform for video-creation without barriers to entry.
- Opportunity for investors to back films they want to see while generating investor value through promotion.
- Investors & audience fund projects in which they see value, in exchange for ownership with no strings attached.
- Unique platform for film-based NFT Creation
- A marketplace to explore film pitches, gather insights and provide transparency to investors.
- Align the interests of creators and investors in a meritocratic system - by cutting out the middleman (aka. The Studio Model)
- Investors play an active role in promoting their investment, better promotion = potential higher valuation.
- Filmmakers will take back creative and financial control of their stories without having to cater to the demands of a studio.
Redistributing equity in the film industry requires opening up access to individual investors. Our business model focuses on keeping costs affordable for the filmmaker, while reducing transaction costs of investors. We want a simple model which allows for safe and fast transactions helping both investors and filmmakers get what they want.
Pitch submission fee:
- Scaled fee for each submission, based on the filmmakers funding target.
- UVISION’s goal is to make access to funding affordable + accessible for filmmakers.
- 1-2% royalty of the sale price every time the NFT is transacted on any marketplace (tracked perpetually by the blockchain even after NFTs trading leaves the UVISION platform).
- Investors receive tiers of collectibles and behind the scenes access depending on their level of investment.
All distribution rights for the film remain with the director, the rights to the distribution of the collectible remains with UVISION.
The global film economy continues to boom as box office collection is at an all-time high. Global demand for video content is higher than ever before with 96% of consumers increasing their online video consumption between 2020 and 2021.³ On average, a person is predicted to consume 100 minutes of video content every single day.⁴ With the exponential increase in viewership, the need for content and content-creators is at its highest.
The NFT market is expected to continue growing at astronomical rates as cryptocurrency and blockchain technology become more accessible. Analysts predict the NFT market will be valued at $357 Billion USD by 2030.⁵
The Global Collectibles market is valued around $400 Billion USD with NFT’s accounting for just 8%.¹ To make digital collectibles more desirable, UVISION is working towards bringing film exclusive NFTs to the collectibles market.
UVISION aims to disrupt the industry by creating a first-of-its-kind decentralized economy merging NFT’s and film.
Here are our indirect competitors from different industries:
- A marketplace for rare digital items and crypto collectibles (not related to film or funding).
- Peer-to-peer marketplace approach to NFT’s
- Focused on the transaction of digital collectibles UVISION sees OpenSea as a potential partner to share UVISION NFTs to a broader market. Pending successful distribution of the NFTs, we anticipate them being tradable on OpenSea.
UVISION is focused on creating an ecosystem in which digital collectibles are tied to the production and distribution of tangible assets (film/videos). UVISION helps creators fund their projects and opens the industry to individual investors.
We don’t see crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter or Indiegogo as a direct competition. UVISION is being designed to be far more expansive, a decentralized platform for tying digital collectibles to a tangible product.
- Kickstarter/Indiegogo are general crowdfunding websites for products, services, and art.
- High platform + payment processing fees (8-10%) reduce creator equity and disincentivize backers.
- NO transactable rewards or quantifiable return on investment.
- Region-based banking restrictions limit funding and project viability.
- No involvement in NFTs or collectibles market.
UVISION operates with a different structure to reward creators and investors equitably. Reimagining the industry’s approach to film funding.
- Large studios that are closed off to emerging filmmakers.
- Inequitable distribution of profits favoring the studios investors.
- Riddled with high profile controversies and poor working conditions.
- Outdated hierarchical structure taking financial and creative control away from artists.
- Slow to adopt alternate revenue streams (digital collectibles).
- UVISION is working on developing a comprehensive communications/marketing strategy which aims to create strong traction, with the goal of bringing in thousands of film pitches.
- With an extensive network within the film community, UVISION aims to incentivize established filmmakers to be active members on the platform - as both creators & investors.
- Targeted sponsorships and partnered content with industry leading digital filmmakers
- Provide popular entertainers financial incentives to partner with UVISION for funding, while promoting UVISION to their audience.
- Sponsor independent film-festivals, promoting UVISION as an opportunity to get their films funded
- Target up-and-coming creators with an educational advertisement campaign, presenting UVISION as a better alternative to traditional funding.
- Utilize Crypto-leaders in the NFT to promote investment opportunities and investment incentives for new users.
Filmmaking is in our DNA. The founders of the company are film industry professionals with a strong portfolio working with Amazon Prime, UFC, TED, etc. well versed in marketing and business. Our programming team consists of a young and motivated team specializing in blockchain and Web 3.
Use of Proceeds
If the offering's maximum amount of $500,000 is raised:
|Use||Value||% of Proceeds|
This is an offering of Class C Voting Common Stock, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in UVISION, Inc.. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by November 10, 2022 at 8:59pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. UVISION, Inc. may issue additional securities to raise up to $500,000, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
These financial statements have been reviewed by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
Understand the Risks
Be sure to understand the risks of this type of investment. No regulatory body (not the SEC, not any state regulator) has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials or information posted herein. That’s typical for Regulation CF offerings like this one.
Neither Netcapital nor any of its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, or agents shall have any liability whatsoever arising from any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in, or lack of care in the preparation or publication of, the materials and communication herein or the terms or valuation of any securities offering.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or to future financial performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which are, in some cases, beyond the company’s control and which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties, and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy, and liquidity. No obligation exists to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
Ask a Question
Proofread your comment before submitting: once it's posted, you can’t edit or delete it. For the fastest help with the web site, email email@example.com instead of commenting.