Where faith moves mountains and we get it on film.
Have you ever wondered why 70% of Americans identify as Christian but less than 1% of movies are in the Christian genre? Yeah we did too.
Hollywood may have forgotten Christians, but Christians have not forgotten how to go to movies. We call that opportunity. Christian cinema is hot, but the movies being released are few in numbers and quite honestly lacking in quality. Wouldn’t it be great to take veteran Hollywood film makers and produce Christian genre films, with the emphasis on “Christian”. That is exactly what our journey is, and you can join us. Together we can make going to the movies a positive and uplifting family experience again.
“Announcing a rare Ground Floor investment opportunity in Christian entertainment”
It is a rare combination to couple A list talent in an undersold genre, much less finding that opportunity available outside of major investment firms. That is exactly what our journey is, and we want you to join us. The sharks in the Shark tank know the value of investing in early stage companies, now you too can leverage a small investment on the ground floor of a promising early stage Christian Film company. We have assembled a great team of filmmakers and businessmen to create a tremendous opportunity. But it is a very limited opportunity with a very narrow scope. If you are led to invest, get your documents, do your due diligence and join the journey. Don’t hesitate though, you don’t want to be the one that down the road says “I wish I would have…”
4 Key Components of our success;
- Message to Market match. Message is a key ingredient to the success of any company, but in Christian cinema the message is everything. We understand the Christian market and every aspect of Split Mountain Productions is built to communicate the one important message; the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Defining the Market. The Christian demographic accounts for 70% of all Americans and 31% of the world's population. 68% of Americans listened to Christian Music in the last 30 days. 93% of African-Americans have listened to Christian Music in the past year. Companies like Cracker Barrel, NASCAR, McDonalds, Coca-Cola and Starbucks are lining up to partner with Christian artists. The reason is obvious, people want Christian entertainment.
- Market Insight. Brent Green, our Chief Creative Officer hails from a long family history in Chrisitan marketing. As a filmmaker, this gives him a unique insight into trends in the market. He will be able to identify and secure the intellectual property from hot Christian novels that will create great Chrisitain movies. This gives Split Mountain the ability to sustain on going relevant productions within the genre.
- Execution. So many businesses with great brand and product fail due to poor management. We have deep experience in the production of films and how to control costs, a well defined market that enables a low cost yet highly effective promotion campaign. Experienced business management to ensure the company’s practices are designed around increasing shareholder value.
“There’s no Business like Show Business”
Truer words were never spoken. Movies are a glamorous business but not necessarily a glamorous process. Our plan is to obtain relevant Intellectual property of Christian books that can be produced into impacting movies. Create original content for movies. Control production, post production, advertising, promotion and distribution costs. Move the company as close as possible to the retail dollar eliminating middle men. Manage theater distribution through service releases and home video through our own streaming and DVD production and distribution. Check out our business plan for details and you’ll see why this is such an attractive offer.
Savvy investors know to look as much at the entrepreneur as they do the product and business model. The importance of the team can not be overstated, and we have brought together an A+ team:
Oscar winner for “The Godfather Part II” Gray has 50 years experience in the industry and over 70 films to his credits. He simply is one of show business's great producers. This is because two major factors, he knows good movies from the script and he knows how to bring movies in on time and on budget. This is paramount to success for a production company.
John is a highly experienced businessman. From his first venture, Moto-Photo, he has successfully taken companies from inception to IPO. He and Gray collaborated on a film company GrayMark, that they formed and later went public with, creating high value for the stockholders. Having an expert business leader such as John is a huge asset to Split Mountain Productions.
Dave is a retired Air Force flyer, and has become known as a digital cinema expert. His technical expertise along with his logistics management background makes him the perfect fit as the Operations Officer for Split Mountain. He recently was the Production Manager on the film “America; Imagine a World Without Her.” A film that received the very rare A+ cinemascore rating. The company’s daily operations will be in good hands with Dave at the helm.
Brent is an up and coming producer and director. As mentioned earlier he has great insight into the Christian genre. He recently was co-producer on Martin Scorsese’s Silence and Mercy Me’s Movie “I Can Only Imagine”. He directed a David Crowder music video and recently finished his first feature film as a director “The Veil”. Having a creative officer with deep insight into the Christian genre is a great asset to Split Mountain Productions.
Christian Cinema is set to explode.
6 of the top 10 Christian films have been released in the last three years (“Passion of the Christ and The Chronicles of Narnia” are the top four). This indicates a hot genre. Christian entertainment is rising. The Gospel Music Association, sponsor of the Dove Awards, research showed that 215 million people listened to Christian music last month. That is a very large and tightly defined demographic. Hollywood spends tens of millions of dollars on Promotion and Advertising, Split Mountain will spend a small fraction of that and yet cover our target demographic more completely. Low cost and high gross equals one great opportunity.
Three reasons why you should own a piece of the mountain.
- There is no greater calling in this life then to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In Mark Chapter 16 verse 15 Jesus says “Go into all the world and proclaim the Gospel to the whole creation”. It would be impossible to individually proclaim the Gospel to the whole world. But all of us together taking small steps can create a platform with a long reach. This is the journey of Split Mountain.
- Roll back the darkness. Barna research found that 8 out of 10 parents find it more difficult to raise children today than it was for their parents, because of Technology / Social Media, The World is More Dangerous and The Lack of Common Morality. This darkness is encompassing our children and desensitizing them to the Gospel message. The only way to defeat this present darkness is through education. However God has been kicked out of our schools, so we have to take the fight to the streets and the movie theaters. Together we can send a new message that will supplant the darkness with light.
- Stewardship, oh no not the “S” word. Stewardship involves much more than just money. 1 Peter Chapter 4 Verse 10 says “as each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace”. While yes we will be great stewards of money, we will also be great stewards with the gifts from God. If stewardship is a priority for you, then know it is a priority for us.
This is an offering of Common, under registration exemption 4(a)(6), in Split Mountain Productions Inc. This offering must raise at least $10,000 by November 6, 2017 at 4:00pm ET. If this offering doesn’t reach its target, then your money will be refunded. Split Mountain may issue additional securities to raise up to $100,000, the offering’s maximum.
If the offering is successful at raising the maximum amount, then the company’s implied valuation after the offering (sometimes called its post-money valuation) will be:
5,100,000 shares × $1.00 per share = $5,100,000 implied valuation
Development expenses include obtaining the intellectual property and developing the screenplay, which may include writing, rewriting and other editorial functions. Legal includes preparing and filing the proper legal documents for a regulation A tier II campaign. Promotion and advertising is for costs related to the conducting of a Regulation A Tier II capitalization campaign.
The Journey Continues…
Together as the body of Christ we can make a difference. Three things we need;
- Prayer. There is nothing stronger in the kingdom of God than prayer. Pray for our discernment that we always see clearly the message to be told. Pray for our journey that it always bring us and those who see the movies nearer to Christ. Pray that we always exemplify God’s love.
- Share. Tell others about us. We can not make this journey alone, we need as many people as possible on the team. So share us to friends, family , coworkers, your congregation and small groups, on social media, anywhere you can will enable us to share the gospel
- Invest. If you are led and have the means to invest in us. The minimum investment is $100 dollars, so we need a thousand people to invest to meet our goal. Together with the our brothers and sisters in Christ we know w can do this, join us.
Split Mountain’s SEC filings
The Offering Statement is a formal description of the company and this transaction. It’s filed with the SEC to comply with the requirements of exemption 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
We’re also required to share links to each of the SEC filings related to this offering with investors.
Ask Split Mountain a question
Proofread your comment before submitting: once it's posted, you can’t edit or delete it. For the fastest help with the web site, email email@example.com instead of commenting.
This is high risk!
Investing in early and development stage companies involves significant risks. If worrying about money keeps you up at night, this is not the investment for you. If a complete loss of the money invested would do you significant financial harm to you, than this is not the investment for you. While we have assembled an A list team, have a robust plan and great insight into the genre, there is no guarantee that this company will be successful. Please invest with prudence.
Be sure to understand the risks of this type of investment. No regulatory body (not the SEC, not any state regulator) has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials or information posted herein. That’s typical for Regulation CF offerings like this one.
Neither Netcapital nor any of its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, or agents shall have any liability whatsoever arising from any error or incompleteness of fact or opinion in, or lack of care in the preparation or publication of, the materials and communication herein or the terms or valuation of any securities offering.
The information contained herein includes forward-looking statements. These statements relate to future events or to future financial performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which are, in some cases, beyond the company’s control and which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties, and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy, and liquidity. No obligation exists to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.